Afghanistan National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
The flag of Afghanistan is composed of three equal vertical bars of black, red and green, with the coat of arms of Afghanistan in the centre; the flag is known as the 'King's Flag'. Each bar is twice as long as it is wide. The coat of arms depicts part of a mosque, sheaves of wheat, two banners, the date 1371 (A.D. 1992), which is the date of the Mujahedeen victory, and an Arabic inscription that reads, 'There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger.' This black, red and green flag was flown in Afghanistan from 1930 until 1973. It was again flown over the presidential palace in Kabul on February 5, 2002, in a ceremony led by interim Afghan leader Hamid Karzai. This flag replaces the flag of the overthrown Taliban.
We Also Recommend