Faroe Islands National Flag - Budget 5 x 3 feet
Budget National Flag 5 x 3 Feet
- 100% Polyester with two metal eyelets.
- Screen printed in bold, clear colours.
- Flag Size: 5ft x 3ft (150 x 90 cm)
- Double stitched hems on three sides.
- Reinforced banding on the pole edge.
- Suitable for indoor or light outdoor use.
- Eyelets as standard, rope and toggle or spinnaker clips on request.
Budget printed flags are manufactured in bold colour fast colours, and suitable for a wide variety of display applications.
If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
Introduced in 1919, recognized by the local parliament in 1931 and officially approved by the King of Denmark 25 July 1948. The shade of blue was changed to lighter blue 5 June 1959. The flag was designed by two Faeroese students in Copenhagen, using Norwegian and Icelandic colours with the Scandinavian cross. Red and blue are also traditional Faeroese colours and the white represents the foam of the sea and the clear, bright sky of the Faeroes Islands. Until 1940 the Faeroese flag was used only on land but in April 1940, after the Germans occupied Denmark, Faeroese ships began to use it at sea. The first to recognize the Faeroese flag were the British Authorities; it was officially announced in a BBC broadcast on 25 April 1940 by Winston Churchill , at that time First Lord of the Admiralty, and ever since 25 April has been celebrated as Faeroese Flag Day.
We Also Recommend