Dominica National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
Adopted 3 November 1990. The basic design of the flag was introduced on 3 November 1978. Since then it has undergone several modifications. The red circle symbolizes socialism. The sisserou parrot (Psittacusimperialis) is the national bird, unique to Dominica, and symbolizes flight towards greater heights and fulfilment of aspirations. The ten stars represent the ten parishes of equal status, thus the equality of the people. The green symbolizes the lush vegetation; the triple-coloured cross represents the Trinity of God. The yellow represents the sunshine, the main agricultural products (citrus and bananas) and the Carib people, the first inhabitants of the island; the black is a symbol of the rich black soil and African heritage; the white symbolizes the rivers and waterfalls, and purity of aspirations.
We Also Recommend