East Timor National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
At midnight on May 19, and during the first moments of Independence Day, 20 May 2002, the United Nations flag was lowered and the flag of the independent East Timor - the world's newest democratic nation - was raised. As per the Constitution of the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste, the yellow triangle represents 'the traces of colonialism in East Timor's history;. The black triangle symbolizes 'the obscurantism that needs to be overcome', the red field of the flag represents 'the struggle for national liberation', whilst the star, or 'the light that guides', is white to represent peace.
We Also Recommend