Faroe Island National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
Introduced in 1919, recognized by the local parliament in 1931 and officially approved by the King of Denmark 25 July 1948. The shade of blue was changed to lighter blue 5 June 1959. The flag was designed by two Faeroese students in Copenhagen, using Norwegian and Icelandic colours with the Scandinavian cross. Red and blue are also traditional Faeroese colours and the white represents the foam of the sea and the clear, bright sky of the Faeroes Islands. Until 1940 the Faeroese flag was used only on land but in April 1940, after the Germans occupied Denmark, Faeroese ships began to use it at sea. The first to recognize the Faeroese flag were the British Authorities; it was officially announced in a BBC broadcast on 25 April 1940 by Winston Churchill , at that time First Lord of the Admiralty, and ever since 25 April has been celebrated as Faeroese Flag Day.
We Also Recommend