Germany (Civil) National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
Introduced 23 March 1848, re-introduced in 1919 and again 23 May 1949. The German national colours are those of the arms, which are the same as the arms of the Holy Roman Empire: black for the eagle, read for its beak and claws, and yellow for the golden shield. They featured in the uniform worn by the Lutzow Free Corps (black greatcoats, red facings and hems, golden buttons) during the war of liberation in 1813-15, when the trend towards the unification of Germany was growing. The horizontal tri-colour of black-red-gold became the national flag of the German Federation in 1848 and was replaced in 1867 with a tri-colour of black-white-red, which was in use until 1919 and again in 1933-35.
We Also Recommend