Iceland National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
In use since 1913, officially approved 19 June 1915 for use on land and territorial waters, after 1 December 1918 also at sea. The design of the flag is based on that of Norway, with the colours reversed. Blue and white are the traditional national colours of Iceland and red symbolizes links with Norway, where most of their ancestors originated. The Scandinavian cross shows that Iceland belongs to the family of Scandinavian countries. Other symbolic meanings refer to the natural features of Iceland. Blue is the colour of the Atlantic Ocean, white represents the snow and ice covering the island for most of the year, and red the volcanoes on the island.
We Also Recommend