Papua New Guinea National Flag - Budget 5 x 3 feet
Budget National Flag 5 x 3 Feet
- 100% Polyester with two metal eyelets.
- Screen printed in bold, clear colours.
- Flag Size: 5ft x 3ft (150 x 90 cm)
- Double stitched hems on three sides.
- Reinforced banding on the pole edge.
- Suitable for indoor or light outdoor use.
- Eyelets as standard, rope and toggle or spinnaker clips on request.
Budget printed flags are manufactured in bold colour fast colours, and suitable for a wide variety of display applications.
If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
Approved 11 March 1971. Young student Susan Hareho Karike, designer of the flag, chose red and black because of the widespread use of these colours in traditional native art. The Empress of Germany's bird of paradise (Paradisaea raggiana augustae-victoriae) is peculiar to the island of New Guinea. The five stars for the constellation of the Southern Cross, symbolizing the relationship with Australia and also referring to a local legend about five sisters. The flag was only for use on land from 1971 to 16 September 1975, when the country became independent.
We Also Recommend