Papua New Guinea National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
Approved 11 March 1971. Young student Susan Hareho Karike, designer of the flag, chose red and black because of the widespread use of these colours in traditional native art. The Empress of Germany's bird of paradise (Paradisaea raggianaaugustae-victoriae) is peculiar to the island of New Guinea. The five stars for the constellation of the Southern Cross, symbolizing the relationship with Australia and also referring to a local legend about five sisters. The flag was only for use on land from 1971 to 16 September 1975, when the country became independent.
We Also Recommend