Red Cross National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
The Red Cross flag has a red Greek cross on a white field. The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement was begun in October 1863, in Geneva, Switzerland. the Red Cross emblem was first adopted at this time as a symbol of neutrality (not taking sides in a conflict). Instead of a red cross, a red crescent is used in Muslim countries. The Red Cross flag was first officially flown in the USA in 1881 (the year the US Red Cross was founded), when Clare Barton flew the flag in Dansville, New York, during an appeal for donations to help the victims of forest fires in Michigan.
We Also Recommend