United Arab Emirates National Flag Sewn
Sewn National Flag
- 140gsm woven fabric
- Double stitched top and bottom hem with triple stitching on the fly edge.
- Anti Fray netting can be added as an optional extra prolonging the life span of your flag.
- Rope and toggle finish as standard. Compatible with most standard external and internal flagpole halyard systems.
- Eyelets are a no cost optional extra
- Inglefield clips and spinnaker clips are available at an extra cost.
- Reinforced header tape
- Manufactured in house to MOD specification.
Sewn flags manufactured in bold colour fast colours that are resistant to the ageing effects of the sun. Our flags are made to the highest quality and are designed for regular use on outdoor flagpoles. If you would like more information call our sales team on 0161 653 6381.
Adopted 2 December 1971, officially hoisted 1 January 1972. The flag displays the pan-Arab colours. Red is the traditional colour of the emirates and red flags of several tiny Arab states along the southern coast of the Persian Gulf were modified for the first time in 1820 following the General Treaty that was signed by the British and the rulers of eight sheikhdoms. It required that these states 'should carry by land and sea a red flag, with or without letters on it, at their option, and this shall be in a border of white'. Such were the flags of Sharjah and Ras al Khaimah, while Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai and Umm al Qaiwain used a red flag with a white vertical stripe along the hoist. In 1958 Abu Dhabi exchanged the white stripe for a white canton and in 1961 the flag of Umm al Qaiwain was charged with a white crescent and star. In 1975 the ruler of Sharjah decided to replace his emirate's flag with that of the Union.
We Also Recommend